Key Points and Common Mistakes While Drafting a Scientific Paper
- Post by: Dr. Muhammad Irfan-maqsood
- July 2, 2021
- No Comment
All young researchers have to focus on some key points to reduce the common mistakes while drafting their first paper. A scientific paper is not just a sum of text and references, it is a unique explanation of what has had happened in science, or what is happening in science and what is going to happen in near future.
Writing Scientific papers (Research and Non-research papers) is dream job of every young researcher but more than ¾ of all university graduates are unable to write a scientific paper during their university time. One important reason of this inability is their less or no attention to some key points before drafting a scientific paper.
5 Key Points to Understand While Drafting a Scientific Paper
- You should have enough useful content with references
- You should know how to write a Critique and Data Analysis
- You should know basic marketing strategies
- You should know how to create consistency in sentences
- Writing science has no paid vacations and benefits
If you succeeded to understand and create such a statement and learned how to justify your statement using references, then your draft of scientific paper is ready for editing and publishing. Every young researcher is required to develop following basic abilities to produce enough content to write a scientific paper;
Abilities Needed to Generate the required content for a scientific paper:
- Ability to Select (Ideas and Contents)
- Ability to Understand Scientific Method (How Science Works)
- Ability to Evaluate (Research done by scientists)
- Ability to Correlate the Authentic Results
- Ability to Make Conclusion & Suggestions
Common mistakes in writing a paper (Video)
When it comes to write a scientific paper, almost every young researcher and university student has drafted their first paper having several common mistakes, for example…
- They focus on data instead of analysing data
- They assemble the text instead of assembling knowledge
- Their draft has not been edited by senior researchers
In many cases, the main issue is not the text or references, but the issue is a creative story having a perfect concept.
Consider an example of a mountain full of stones just as a draft of your paper, and use your writing skills to transform these stones into valuable gems
Science Insight Series on IMAQPRESS.com is to teach the valuable tips on how to write a perfect scientific paper? Keep reading thrice a week on IMAQPRESS or visit our social media platforms using @imaqpress and find the useful tips on paper writing.